The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has announced a new round of grant funding to support the development of municipal recycling programs under section 902 of the Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act of 1988 (Act 101)
- The application deadline is October 28, 2022, at 3 p.m.
- Grant applications must be submitted online through the Commonwealth's Electronic Single Application web site, eGrants, at www.esa.dced.state.pa.us.
- Municipalities are eligible for 90% funding of approved recycling program costs.
- Municipalities considered financially distressed by the Department of Community and Economic Development under the Municipalities Financial Recovery Act are eligible for 100% of approved costs.
- No application requesting more than $350,000 in grant funding will be accepted.
- Applicants must be in compliance with the provisions of Act 101 and the implementing regulations, the Department's Guidelines for Proper Management of Recyclable Materials, and any previous grant contract provisions to be eligible to receive grant funding.
- Requirement for Preapplication Conference: Potential applicants must contact the appropriate Department regional planning and recycling coordinator to schedule a preapplication conference to discuss application requirements and program particulars. A list of these individuals is included at the end of this notice. Applications will be returned to municipalities that fail to schedule a preapplication conference. Grant preapplication forms are available from the Department's web site at www.dep.pa.gov (search term ''Recycling Grants Financial Assistance'').
Southwest Region(Allegheny, Beaver, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland Counties)
Department of Environmental Protection, Waste Management Program
400 Waterfront Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4745
Michael Celaschi, email@example.com
Bradley Cunningham, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Jester, email@example.com