QVCOG-wide GIS Technical Assistance Policies
- QVCOG-wide GIS Technical Assistance program is designed to provide efficient fixed price technical service. To avoid the high costs associated with help desks, we maintain a service level of business hours-only and a target of a 1 day turn around.
- We rely on an automated system of notifications and reminders to our team and to you. This process starts with your completion of an online request. Your request will be sent to our team within 15 minutes of your submission. You will receive a confirmation email, and someone will contact you shortly there after. If after 3 days if the status of your request has not advanced, it will be escalated to a customer service problem and you will be assisted directly by the QVCOG Executive Director.
- A robust GIS system is a shared responsibility between host and subscriber. As such, if we reach out and you do not reply, or if we need additional information and that request is unfulfilled by you, we will close your request at 7 and 10 days respectively. You may always open a new request when the time is right, and you will always receive advance notification via email that your help request is being closed.
- If we can't resolve your request in a prompt fashion and there exists a mutual interest in keeping the request open until a solution can be found, we may close your request and categorize it as unresolved. It will remain on the QVCOG list of GIS improvements to make/seek.
- The best case scenario is that we quickly resolve your help request. We call this the Woo Hoo! When you request is closed and marked resolved, watch for the Woo Hoo email to keep you in the loop. The solution will also be documented on QVCOG GIS Help Docs if it is not a subscriber-specific solution and would assist other users in the QVCOG-wide GIS program.
- The QVCOG staff and Board will regularly review reports of Open and Closed Help Requests as well as the resolution rate. These reports will help the QVCOG maintain affordable and responsive service to the QVCOG COG-wide GIS Program.